A Passionate Leader
Worked with USACE During Gulf War in 1990.
- WITH HIS BLENDED EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD OF FINANCE, ENGINEERING, BUSINESS, AND SOCIAL WORKS, PC WILL PROVE AS AN ASSET FOR THE CITY OF GARLAND, A SUITABLE FIT FOR DISTRICT 3 COUNCIL MEMBER POSITION IF ELECTED.
- PC Mathew was employed with Bahrain Defense Force, Military Works Directorate 15 years and was assigned to US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS for the construction of 100 Million US Dollar Projects a Military Airbase which was awarded to an International Contractor. In USA, PC Worked as a Chief Accountant and Financial Examiner with State of Texas.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting, and moved to Texas in 2005 to find a better future for his family. He his professional career journey as an Accountant/Auditor in the Middle East (Bahrain) and is currently a Businessman and licensed Real Estate Agent State of Texas. In US, he had worked in Government, Private as well in his own business enterprise currently, Mr. PC, is having Realtime exposure into the varied multifaceted avenues of business management from all sides of the table.
- PC has been married to Daisy Mathew, a NICU nurse, for 31 years and has 3 adult children together.
- PC has exemplified his love for the community through many different mediums from directing a documentary to decrease environmental pollution to organizing blood drives through Carter Blood Care. It is his goal to be of service to those around him to the best of his abilities. He formerly worked with the US Army Corps Of Engineers’ MEAPO Office at the Construction of Shaikh Isa Military Airbase during Gulf War in 1990s.
- The primary mission of PC Mathew is to make Garland better than ever before. From building houses for the poor in India, to organizing meals for the homeless in Downtown Dallas, his genuine care for a better community is limitless. The country he hails from (India) is known as “God’s own country” and he believes that the place we all live in is “God’s own Garland”. His leadership and vision will get us there.
Community Works in Dallas County and Garland
- PC Mathew was the President of the Home Owners Association at one of the prominent communities in Dallas County, TX. (LAS COLINAS – Emerald Valley managed by SBB Management Company) He served two terms.
- He is currently serving as Global Vice President of World Malayalee Council, a global organization of professionals. http://www.worldmalayaleecouncil.org/
- He has formerly served as President and Chairman of the World Malayalee Council America Region. http://www.wmcamerica.org/
- PC is also the chairman of DFW World Malayalee Council a 501c(3) organization Board serving the Dallas Community including Garland which is the basic Franchise of World Malayalee Council (America Region) Inc.
Academic and Work Experience
- PC Mathew holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Kerala, India a well-known accredited University 1978-1983. Namely Bishop Abraham Memorial College (BAM), Kerala, India.
- After graduation, he practiced in a CPA firm and worked the with Bahrain Defense Force. He closely worked with Military Officers such as Majors, Colonels, and Brigadiers as the Project Coordinator at Military Works Directorate. PC has also worked with the US Army Corp of Engineers in the in the construction of a $100 million Military Airbase. He has also served as a Civilan Employee in the Iraq War with Bahrain Defense and US Army Corps of Engineers in the Shaikh Isa Airbase, Ras-Al Bar, Bahrain.
- As a State of TX employee, PC served the State in the capacities of Financial Examiner at Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) and as a Chief Project Accountant at a $75 Million VA Project called “Gulf War Illness Research Study” with the leadership of Principal Investigator Dr. Haley. (Approximately 10 years of State Service.)
Community Works in the Middle East
- PC Mathew was the President of Charity and Assistance Association of Parents, a social organization helping lot of needy parents in various schools in Bahrain.
- In the Middle East, PC served as the Board Member of Indian School Bahrain with a diverse multinational student population. (https://indianschool.bh/) He has held a varied portfolio as the Chairman of Academic and Sports Subcommittees, and has been credited for organizing many Academic initiatives and Sports extracurricular activities.
Passion for the Community from Early Stage of Life
- While in university, PC was elected as University Union Councilor position and served for 3 terms until he became Executive Member of the University Union.
- PC has also served as an Honorable Senate Member of Mahatma Gandhi University in Kottayam, India which is a distinguished nominated position by the Kerala State Ministry of Education.
- Citation of Appreciation for Community Service from New York State Senator Kevin Thomas
- Service Achievement Award from State of Texas
- Community Service Excellence Award from Asianet USA an International Media
- Various Awards for Recognition for Community Service such as Indian School Bahrain, Charity and Assistance Association, World Malayalee Council, etc.
- Emerald Valley HOA Recognition for dedicated service extended to the community.